Feb 14, 2015

Valentine's Day

This year Valentine's Day was very low key at our house. Waking up in the morning it felt like the day would be a big flop because Eric and I were both so lazy and worn out from the wedding. I honestly assumed he had brushed it off. We've never been one for big valentine's days - just small and simple expressions of our love for each other.
This morning he surprised me with my favourite magazine, a little treat, and a really sweet card. Usually we don't buy cards either, but this one was so perfect. It wasn't one of those generic cheesy messages that he could have scribbled out in 5 seconds - it was funny and cute and it actually seemed like word for word was written for us. I had quite a chuckle reading it - and then a little tear. He caught me completely off guard!
He spent some of the day studying for his exam and so Cecelia and I ran out to grab a little something for him - because I was actually the one that kind of forgot. We had a nice dinner all three of us at home - a heart shaped pizza, and then snapped some pictures of our darling little girl. She is the sweetest thing and has completely stolen both our hearts. She really is the greatest part of our lives, and of our love together. I can't believe we created her, and remembering that everyday makes me love this man more and more, until I can barely understand it.
The evening after Cecelia went to bed was just a lazy one lounging around the house - and it was perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...