Dec 25, 2014

Cecelia on Christmas Morning

Christmas morning was a weird thing this year. Cecelia is at this weird age where I want to get her involved and give a Christmas experience, but I know that she really isn't old enough to care for herself yet. Sometimes I'm a little disappointed that I didn't get a picture of her with Santa this year, but then I realize that Santa's not even real and that she really couldn't care less - then I'm a little less bothered.
I had a hard time decided what to get her for Christmas. She needed some new toys and things in the weeks and months leading up to Christmas and so I got them for her - she's not old enough to be spoiled, and not old enough to understand and appreciate the anticipation of waiting until Christmas. When she was bored of all her toys, I picked her up a couple new ones. So I had a hard time deciding what to put under the tree for her. To be completely honest, it came down to what fit best in our suitcase. She opened the toy that was light enough and small enough to travel, and that would keep her entertained while we were away on vacation.
It was really fun to watch her open presents. She opened one the week before we left for Halifax - from Grandma and Grandpa Persson - and a couple from my family on Christmas morning, and then her Santa present. She does a really good job of opening presents. She was quick and efficient - pull of some paper and throw it away. She never once got distracted by the packaging, she was headed right for the good stuff each time. I'm glad I didn't decide to just get her an empty box or some paper to play with. I think she'd have actually been disappointed.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...