Jan 3, 2015

I Love to See the Temple

By far my favourite part of our trip to Arizona was the chance we got to spend time in the temple (along with the session I got to do while I was in Halifax as well). I really don't get to the temple as much as I'd love to. (And it's only gotten harder since Cecelia came along.) We got to do a session in the Mesa temple with Logan and Michelle and aunt Christina. It was really nice to spend some time in the temple with women I love, and women I've never gotten to do this with before. The temple always makes me feel closer to those I spend time with there. To spend time with future sisters was exciting for me.
Eric and I would really love to try to get to the temple more often. Having a temple overload this trip was encouraging and inspiring. For our January temple trip we got to spend time doing sealings in the Gilbert temple. This time we left Cecelia with our cousins Forester and Zane, and we got to go with Uncle Kyle and Aunt Christina. Again, being in the temple helps me to feel even more love for those I'm there with.
I am a little biased toward our temple here in Calgary, but if I wasn't I think the Gilbert temple would be my favourite one. It was absolutely stunning. In a lot of little ways it was very similar to the Calgary temple. Ours has a theme of wheat throughout - in little details. This temple had a theme of the agave plant running through all the wood carvings and stained glass. Both temples used really classic and gorgeous dark wood accents and the marble in the temples are always beautiful.
The Celestial room of this temple was bar far the most beautiful room I have ever been in. I felt the spirit so strong, and felt so peaceful spending some time in there with Eric. I wish I could have taken pictures of the whole thing, but I really don't think I'll forget what it was like for a long long time. I love to visit new temples each new place I go to. I just love being in the temple.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...