Jan 1, 2015

It's a New Year!

Honestly, I don't think any year will ever shake us up as much as 2014 did (in a good way). Needless to say, I am sad to see it go. Cecelia joining our family was the happiest, most exciting and most rewarding adventure I have faced yet, and the great part is that it will continue to be. 2015 may not be looking as glitzy and glamourous as 2014 was, but it will bring its own adventure, and I am looking forward to it.
I'm hoping 2015 beings me two new sisters, a home of our own, an officially designated CPA for a husband, and maybe even a second baby bump. Mostly I know that it will be another year filled with Eric and I learning together, Cecelia growing, and fun times with friends and family. That's enough to look forward to I think.
I am usually one to take advantage of the new year and to start setting goals and making changes and plans, but this year I'm not really in that spirit. I am taking our lives day by day, and while there are things that I can see that definitely need changing, I not going to try to take those all on right way, just because the year has switched from '14 to '15.
I was inspired this morning looking at a post from a friend of mine on Instagram. She posted a word for the year. I really liked the idea of one general concept driving my year and being my motivation, as opposed to specific goals - at least for now. I think that having the spirit of one attitude in the back of my head will encourage me to make the changes I'd like to see, just a bit better than specific dates and deadlines.
I talked it over with Eric and started to come up with a  word. I started with what I'd really like to do a bit more, which is relax. I'd really like to slow down a bit more and soak things up in the moment and not always be rushing around to get things done, or worrying about what my life looks like from the outside. Taking pictures is a really hard thing for me - and is just one small example of this. I would love to take more pictures, but sometimes I think I am taking them for the wrong reasons, and so I get discouraged and don't take the camera out as often as I should. After a little bit of back and forth I realized that my word for this year is ENJOY. I really want to take time to enjoy what I'm doing this year - even if it's busy and fast paced.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...