Feb 25, 2015

12 Month Shots

Today I took Cecelia to get her 12 month shots. She had a really hard time with these ones. We sat in the room waiting for the nurse to come back, and I told Cecelia about what was going to happen. She's old enough now, and I know she understands so much. I didn't want her to be taken by surprise. The poor girl cried harder than I've ever seen her cry when she got poked - she could barely catch her breath. But the silver lining was that she turned to me to be comforted. Normally she likes someone to hand her her soother and hold her for a minute, and then she's fine to go, but after her shots she looked right at my face and then snuggled in to me, and for once I finally felt like she needed her mom. Cecelia's really not a baby who does that much, and I have to admit it was a treat for me. All day she wanted her mamma and she sat nicely with me and snuggled. She was a little fussy and antsy, but I enjoyed the little attention I got.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...